Five Knolls is a new residential community in Santa Clarita, CA. It’s located approximately 30 miles from downtown LA and two miles from downtown Santa Clarita. Murow|CM was utilized to help provide a full turn-key operation by creating “ready for sticks” lots. The project includes a club house, which will be a full-service residential community site with swimming pool, jacuzzi, park amenities, meeting rooms, and kitchen area open to residents and guests.
The work performed and overseen by Murow|CM includes:
- Mass excavation of 7,000,000 CY
- Developed 450 single family residential lots
- Sewer, water, storm drains, and quality control drainage desalting basins.
- Dry utilities including fiber optics, internet and CATV infrastructure
- Superpad grading to ultimately provide 250 unit senior housing complex and YMCA facility adjacent to senior living
- Developed arterial road for connecting Newhall Ranch Road and plum/whites Canyon Road
- Public park site with a fenced dog park and exercise area
- 5 defined and landscaped overview locations “5 knolls” for resident and community enjoyment.
- Landscaping and planting of public and private area
Special Considerations Include:
- Accelerated schedule
- Protection of DWP subsurface aqueduct
Project Start: March 2014
Project End: In Progress
Project Amount: $19,000,000